Monday, March 12, 2012

'Pearl Street Performer: ZIP-Code Man'

This past weekend I was wandering around Pearl Street grabbing lunch and I ran into a street performer that I had only heard of through my friends but have never actually seen him perform his talent.  That man is David Rosdeitcher, better know as ZIP code man.

For those of you who have not heard of David, he has been deemed the title of zip code man because he has memorized most of the US zip codes and many world-wide.  The gig is simple.  He draws you in and says he can guess where your from, by providing your zip code.

I said, '63126'.  He said, 'St. Louis, MO', and he blew my mind.  I had a few people around my try it as well and he went 4/4.  The real kicker is not only does he know where your from, even if its a small town in Kansas, he will tell you a little fact about the town.  May it be that the town is small or have you ever been to Such-and-Such restaurant there, the eerie when people say 'Yes, I've eaten there!'

This is quite a feat.  For those of you who are unaware, there are over 40,000 zip codes in the US alone!  And David has memorized over 30,000. So next time your on Pearl Street grabbing a bite or just taking in the atmosphere, keep an eye out for zip code man and try your luck.


Matt Ullrich, ullrich@boulderco.com, RE/MAXonBOULDER

No comments:

Post a Comment